Brian and Rex will start packing / rolling the trails late tomorrow morning, after the snow tapers off. Go ahead and ski if you want tomorrow, but we expect conditions will be soft and slow for another day, until it sets up and we get a chance to groom.
As there was no snow last night and warm temps today, we will not be able to groom on Sunday. If the forecast holds, we will get some snow on Monday evening and groom on Tuesday. We are not asking people to stay off the trails so far as grooming is concerned, but we certainly don’t recommend it - conditions are likely to be icy and dangerous.
Skiing should be good today. Bob is out grooming and he should be done by noon. Get out if you can, as we'll be asking people to stay off the trails tomorrow because of the rain and warm temperatures. If we are careful, and lucky, we may be able to salvage the trails for more skiing after the temperatures drop, but that will be difficult if there are deep ruts.
The trails are freshly touched up and looking good. Get out if you can - we have another warm spell and potential rain coming our way.
Rex will be out grooming tomorrow morning. He should be done by noon, so there will be good lunch hour skiing.
Bob is out grooming now. He’ll be done by 11, and the trails are turning out nicely.
Rex is going to touch up the trails tomorrow, so the skiing should be good. It will be interesting to see if we get any significant snowfall tonight - all we need is a few more centimetres to give us better coverage and then conditions will be perfect.
Bob has touched up the trails, and every thing is in good shape.
Bob will do a touch-up tomorrow (Friday) morning, and Rex will get out again on Saturday morning. We may get a few flurries to add some new snow to the mix. Either way, we expect very good conditions again on both days. Still no classic tracks until we get a significant dump of new snow.
Conditions were great again today, and Rex will be going out tomorrow (Thursday) morning to touch things up. He’ll be done by noon, so there should be some more great skiing tomorrow.
Bob has been out grooming and reports that the trails are turning out nicely — should be very fast.
The trails have been groomed except for #2 in the Woodlot. Conditions are not bad, with a few bare spots and some icy spots in Kingswood.
Bob and Rex are going out tomorrow morning to do some maintenance and see if grooming is possible. We’ll post an update around lunch time once we find out what kind of shape the trails are in.
The rain and warm weather will make the trails very soft on Monday. Please stay off, or the ruts will freeze up Monday night and be very difficult to erase. Right now the plan is to go out Tuesday morning to groom, conditions permitting.
Rex is touching up the trails. Everything should be done by 10. Get out and ski before the snow / rain / ice pellets start coming down this afternoon. Conditions yesterday were superb, and should be the same today.
The trails turned out pretty well, except for the rut from the one skier who must have figured that it was hardcore to do a loop through the Kingswood trails even though he was sinking in four inches on every stroke. Anyway, coverage is still quite good. Bob will be out early tomorrow to touch things up, so it should be good skiing. Get out if you can - it looks like Sunday and Monday will be hard on the trails again.
Update: The trails will be done by 9;00 and are turning out quite nicely.
Rex is working on the trails now. It turns out that most people stayed off the trails, but one person didn’t. Those tracks are frozen in and can’t be erased at this point. Otherwise, the trails are turning out pretty well. Aside from a few wet spots, and the ruts from that one inconsiderate skier, skiing should be pretty decent by the time Rex is done, later this afternoon.
Rex will go out to try grooming tomorrow (Friday). It is very difficult at this point to say what kind of shape the trail are in, and whether we will be able to remediate them. We will post another update after Rex had gone out and we have a better sense of what can be done.
The grooming team would like to ask everyone to stay off the trails until we get more snow. The trails are very soft and wet now, and using them will leave deep ruts that will freeze hard when the temperature drops. These ruts will be very hard to remove with our grooming equipment. If everyone can stay off the trails, we might be skiing again as soon as we get a bit more snow. But if there are deep ruts, we will likely need to wait until we get another major snowfall.
It is not possible to groom with the kind of wet snow that is forecast. We will need to wait until temperatures drop and the snow dries out. At this point, we anticipate that we will be grooming on Friday, and trails should be in good shape for the weekend. (Plans subject to change depending on weather.)