2019 Maritime Cup
We received approximately 25 cm of heavy snow this past weekend and there is now a significant base of snow throughout Killarney Lake park. While warm weather and heavy rain is forecast for Thursday, we do not anticipate this will affect our ability to host the race this weekend Jan 26/27. Registration deadline remains Thursday 24th at 7 pm.
Click here to Register
Wostawea is pleased to host the 2019 Maritime Cup at Killarney Lake Park in Fredericton, New Brunswick on January 26 and 27, 2019.
Categories and course maps are available here. Distances and courses are subject to change without notice depending on conditions.
This event is sanctioned by Cross Country Canada and competitors must hold a CCC Race Licence or a licence issued by the competitor’s national federation. Day licenses are available for purchase during registration ($5/day). No race licence is required for Midgets and younger. However, Midget Competitors with CCC development race licence will receive points according to the CPL. Points will be counted towards the 2019 NB Cup Series and Canadian Points List (CPL).
organizing committee & jury
• Chief of Competition - David Cameron
• Technical Delegate - Edouard Daigle
• Chief of Course - Nick Russon
• Chief of Stadium - Eric Hadley
• Chief of Timing - Peter Toner
• Coach - Manon Losier
• Competition Secretary - Marie-France Turcotte
additional information before & after competition
• Saturday January 26, 2019 - NB Cup #1 - Classic, individual start
• Sunday, January 27, 2019 - NB Cup #2 - Freestyle, mass start
• Participants must register in advance at zone4.ca, by clicking here.
• Deadline for registration for NB Cup #1 and NB Cup #2 is Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 7:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time
• No registration is available on the mornings of the races.
• January 26 (light refreshments will be provided)
• $28 for Senior, Open, Masters and Para-Nordic adult
• $25 for Atom to Junior, Para-Nordic
• January 27 (meal included)
• $32 for Senior, Open, Masters and Para-Nordic adult
• $25 for Atom to Junior, Para-Nordic
• Lunch will be served after the race on Sunday January 27.
• Day Licence: As it is a Cross Country Canada sanctioned race there is an additional fee of $5.00 per day for those competitors who do not hold a CCC Race Licence or a licence issued by the competitor’s national federation. No race licence is required for Midgets and younger. However, Midget Competitors with CCC development race license will receive points according to the CPL.
• All fees are non-refundable.
Skiers will be subject to random equipment checks to ensure compliance with FIS rules.
For the January 26 classic race there will be a draw for the starting order for each category using Zone 4.
For the January 27 freestyle race, skiers will be placed in their respective mass start in the finish order from the January 26 race. Skiers who did not compete or who did not finish the January 26 race will be placed at the back of their mass start.
• Saturday January 26, 2019, 11:00 am
• Saturday January 26, 2019, 6:00 pm (For the January 27 race)
• First floor, Killarney lodge
Meetings for Masters Skiers
• Meetings will be held for Masters skiers outside the timing hut at the finish line in the stadium at these times:
Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 10:00 am
• Saturday January 26, 2019, 1:00 pm
• Sunday January 27, 2019, 10:00 am
Bib and Chip Availability
Killarney Rotary Lodge (First floor)
• Saturday January 26, 2019 at 12:00pm
• Sunday January 27, 2019 at 9:00am
• Timing chips will be available for pick up in the stadium prior to the start of each race.
• Participants must pay a $60 fee for bibs that are not returned, and $60 for timing chips that are not returned.
• For each category and gender a medal will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
• For each gender, in the Mini Atom, Atom, Peewee, Mini-Midgets, Midgets, ribbons will be given to 4th, 5th and 6th place.
• For Masters categories, medals be given only for the photo at the medal ceremonies. These medals are then handed back to the organizing committee.
• The Maritime Cup will be awarded to the club with the best 10 results over two days (i.e., combined NB Cup #1 and NB Cup #2) and will be awarded after lunch on Sunday, January 27.
Where To Stay: Host Hotel Radisson Kingswood
• Radisson Kingswood is located adjacent to 24 kms of cross-country ski trails groomed by Wostawea volunteers and to the Kingswood Resort.
• Room Rate: $114. per room that sleeps 4
• Phone: 506-206-6270
• Visit Fredericton Tourism