A couple of years ago we cut a rustic trail through the woods from Stonehinge to the Kent Road. The ground is rough and it needs a lot of snow before we can get the sled through, but today Rex managed to open it up. No tracks set, and definitely not suitable for skating, but if you are looking for a narrow peaceful trail through the woods, this might be for you.
Rex and Bob are almost done going over everything. they’ll be done by 11:00am, in plenty of time for the lunch crowd. The trails are turning out well - it’s cold, but the trails should be fast.
Rex and Bob will be out with both ginzus tomorrow, to touch up everything. Conditions were great today, and should be even better tomorrow.
Bob is out touching everything up. A lot is done now, and everything should be done by noon. Snow temperatures are cold right now, but should warm up, so judge your wax accordingly.
The Woodlot is all groomed and classic tracks have been set. It is turning out very nicely. Kingswood should be done soon.
Bob and Rex will be out with both ginzus tomorrow morning. Everything should be skiable by 10-11am. They’ll have to wait until they get out there to decide if it’s possible to set classic track
There will be no grooming tomorrow (Saturday) because of the warm weather and rain. You can go and ski if you want, but use your judgment if you’re sinking in too deeply. The groomers will be out again on Sunday.. The extra moisture in the snow should actually improve the surface once temperatures drop; if the forecast holds, it will be a beautiful week of skiing.
The trails were rolled yesterday and Rex and Bob are out grooming and tracksetting now. Kingswood is all groomed and trackset, and they are headed for the Woodlot. Everything should be in good shape for a lunch ski, but the skate surface will likely still be a bit soft.
Update: Everything is groomed and trackset. Skate surface is soft.
Donat and Rex will start rolling Thursday around noon, after they dig themselves out. Bob and Rex will groom with the ginzu on Friday. They will set classic track as well on Friday, time permitting. Go ahead and ski either day if you want, but expect conditions to be very soft and slow.
Bob is out touching up the trails. He is reporting great conditions - and, as a bonus, light winds! He’ll be finished by 1:00, but most of the trails will be done before then, so conditions will be excellent for a lunchtime ski.
Bob will be done by noon. Conditions will be excellent - firm and fast, like on the weekend.
Bob will do a touch-up this morning (Monday), and maybe on Tuesday if necessary. Conditions should be excellent both days. If the forecast holds, we will wait out the storm on Wednesday and roll the trails on Thursday.
Rex will do a touch-up on Sunday morning. Conditions were excellent today, and should be great again tomorrow.
Rex and Bob will start grooming tomorrow morning. If it’s not rutted, we’re hoping it will turn out pretty well, though it will likely be too hard to redo the classic tracks.
Update: The skate surface is turning out very well. There is some classic track left in the Woodlot, but the track in Kingswood has melted. It won’t be possible to set new classic tracks until we get more snow.
With the warm weather and rain forecast, the groomers are asking skiers to please stay off the trails on Friday. This will avoid leaving ruts, so we can get the trails back in shape for the weekend.
The trails are grooming up nicely. The skate surface is turning out a little softer and slower than yesterday. It is soft enough that Bob will be able to set classic track everywhere. it’s like a post-card out there.
Rex and Bob are going to go out grooming first thing tomorrow morning. If everyone stayed off the trails, and it doesn’t freeze too hard, we hoping conditions will be very good.
Update: The trails are frozen and hard to groom, but they are turning out ok for skating. It is not possible to set classic track. Skate conditions will be icy and fast. Good for experienced skiers, maybe not so good for a beginner. Will be all ready to go by noon.
There will be no grooming on Tuesday due to the warm temperatures. Please stay off the trails, to avoid leaving ruts that will freeze up. If the forecast holds, the groomers will be out on Wednesday morning to fix up the trails.
Bob reports that the trails groomed up beautifully. Get out before it gets too warm.
Bob will groom tomorrow (Monday) morning, so we should have good skiing by lunch time or later. No grooming on Tuesday due to the forecast rain. Please stay off the trails on Tuesday. If the forecast holds, and we get a good freeze Tuesday night, the groomers will be out again on Wednesday, and we expect good conditions after that.